Saturday, November 15, 2008

Former teammates and opponents

Just to fill you in on how some former Patriots and Patriot rivals are doing:

Clearwater Christian won their second consecutive NCCAA DII national volleyball championship. Sarah Sibert from Fulton County was a reserve on the team, and Emma Kile from Calvary Academy of Butler, PA, who Calumet played two years ago, was a starting middle hitter.

Taylor University lost their conference championship game against Indiana Wesleyan today. Rachel Kizer, former star of the Patriots, is a sophomore middle blocker for Taylor.

Kelsey and I went to see Trinity Christian (my alma mater) play Olivet Nazarene last night in their conference's semifinal. Olivet won easily in three games. No former Calumet players were involved, but Trinity's coach is the my inspiration for playing volleyball. I was on two intramural championship teams with Bill Schepel while I was a student at Trinity.

No comments: