Thursday, September 17, 2009

HSRC Flag Football

I realized that this blog is also for the HSRC, or Homeschool Resource Center, sports program as well as the Calvary volleyball team. The HSRC Patriots are now the organization under which the boy's volleyball team and the girl's basketball team played the last two years, and this fall we've expanded into flag football. The guys played Luther East at their place last Thursday for their very first game ever and came away with a 41-20 win. The Patriots gave up the first score of the game, but then scored the next 20 points to end the half with the lead, 20-7. The second half began with a Patriot score, but then Luther East scored the next two touchdowns to pull within seven points. But the guys scored the last two touchdowns resulting in the final score. I didn't keep any stats - I don't even know some of the players and I didn't get there at the start, but this is what I noted: #24 scored at least two touchdowns, Ted Carlson scored at least one, Cody DeBoer caught at least one touchdown pass, and Steve Bianchi intercepted two passes. Hopefully I can at least find out who scored the touchdowns.

Next games are Saturday at Luther East again. I believe they are playing two games.

No comments: