Friday, February 22, 2008

Out on a high note

The inaugural season of the CHESS Patriots (nee Crestwood Lady Cavalry) is complete. All in all, I would say it was a success. They finished with a record of 8-11.

The girls finished with a win, defeating the Home Run Kids U14 (junior high) team, 14-3. Yes, 14-3. The girls scored two touchdowns and held their opponent to a field goal. Or so I hear. Actually, the scores at the end of each quarter was 4-0, 8-1, 12-1, and the final of 14-3.

I was not able to attend this game, but again I have comprehensive stats from those in attendance. The problem is, more than one person took stats and some of the numbers don't equal, so I will do my best. Kara led in scoring with six; Mary had four and Cassidy and Michele had two each. Rebounds were as follows: Mary had 14 (team high for the season), Kara had seven, Michele had 4, Becca and Alyssa had two each and Julia had one. Kara had two assists while Becca and Mary had one each. Julia, Kara and Michele each had two steals while Cassidy and Mary had one apiece.

See you all at the banquet on March 3.

No comments: