Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More of the same

I wasn't very funny in my last post, so............

My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice about someone, I shouldn't say anything at all, so this is what I have to say about MCAC.


*crickets*


Ok, that's not really fair to MCAC. This is the first year they have had a volleyball team. They actually were probably the second-best team we've faced this year. But we were pretty sharp tonight.

The first game set the tone for the evening. Some great serving and some solid hitting, probably the best hitting we've done this year, put Calvary into a 18-3 lead. Then a missed serve, a hitting error, and two miscommunications gave MCAC four points. Calvary then reestablished themselves and finished off the Wildcats, 25-9.

Coach Carr put in the JVA team for the second game. They played very well, with some nice front row play by Holly and Jessica and some good serves by Anna. They were on about the same level at MCAC, and this was evidenced in the final score, 26-24.

The varsity returned for the third game. It was more of what happened in the first game. Some excellent hitting, especially by Jessi and Taylor, and solid all-around play by everyone turned back a better effort by MCAC than they showed in the first game. The result, however, was similar to the first, with Calvary winning 25-11.

In the earlier games, the junior high team won 25-5, 25-7 and the JV won 25-7, 25-17. I believe JVA played the first game and JVB played the second.

Community Baptist of South Bend on Friday in our first game far away from home. JH at 4, JV at 5 and varsity at 6. Probably won't see most of you there, but I will be there, God-willing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm still waiting for pictures on this thing...

Brian said...

I have the camera with today for the game against Community Baptist of South Bend.